Catching up with friend C.W. the other evening, and I realize that I forget that I recently concocted this recipe for (get ready…) Gluten-free, Vegan, Sugar-free Fluffy Banana Quickbread.
I tell her about the book I’m tweaking, various work projects, an open-mic with A.H., how our 3 foster kittens are now adopted, and about my new coffee table creation.
But I completely forget to tell her about this easy banana bread recipe…
So, I’m telling you…here goes:
2 C. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Flour (Chickpea flour is the first ingredient)
1/2 C. Bob’s Red Mill Xanthan Gum
1/3 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
2/3 T. Water
1/4 -1/3 C. Maple Syrup
1/4-1/3 C. Olive Oil
1-3 Mashed Bananas
1 t. Baking Soda
1/3 t. Himalayan Pink Salt/ Sea Salt
1 t. Maple Syrup (used to spread over loaf top just before placing in the oven)
Earth-friendly Parchment Paper
- Mash Banana(s)
- Mix all ingredients except for Baking Soda, Salt, and the 1t. of Maple Syrup.
- Mix everything together except for the 1t. Maple Syrup.
- Place Parchment Paper onto baking dish and add dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle the 1t. of Maple Syrup on top of the loaf.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until inserted fork come out of loaf clean.
- Eat with vegan butter.
- Kiss the cook!