- Learns the “shaka”/”hang loose” hand gesture and finds it’s much easier and all-around-user-friendly than the mainland “hand wave ‘hello'”.
- Explores Haleakala crater with devastatingly-fun/brilliant visitor Arlan.
- Sings and plays a couple of songs at Maui Coast Hotel in Kihei (thank you to Steve Sargenti).
- Sings and strums a plethora of songs at Maui Coffee Attic, using their delicious selection of Mele ukuleles (thank you John and co.).
- Learns the Hawaiian meaning of “chop-suey” to describe the Asian mix of peoples.
- Illustrates (as fast as she can without thinking) various music scenes (John Self playing guitar in above illustration).
- Walks…a lot.
- Somehow convinces the native Hawaiians to make her Spam Musubi…without the Spam.
- Acquires a new phone (thank you to her music fans) and ukulele (thank you to Goldawn)…
- She loves Arlan.
Some recent highlights:
On a night beach, running into many giant turtles the size of tires.
Coconut hunting with an ex-marine sniper.
Vegan pho and music at Temple of Peace.
An Austinite friend visits.
Unplanned McDonald’s-busking while sipping coffee to Canadians who happen to love Louis Armstrong.